Tuesday, August 12, 2008

inthe SPOTLight: Matt Morris

inthe SPOTLight


MATT MORRIS: DON'T YOU DARE

The first release from the forthcoming, "The Un-American LP" on Tennman Records,
co-produced by Matt Morris, Justin Timberlake and Charlie Sexton.


I have made no bones that my 'reviews', this time around, are really celebrations. I don't feel I'm particularly qualified to judge another's hard work or efforts, especially in these delicate areas of songwriting and performance. My only requirement of my brothers is that they truly TRY their very best, never phoning in an opportunity to be exceptional when mediocre would still get them the same paycheck.

I'm so proud to be aware of Matt Morris and his contributions to so many artists that you've not only listened to, but have sung along with. This isn't going to be one of those name-dropping articles 'cause those names could over shadow the simple fact that they're just 'his friends' and in most cases, he's grown up with them. What I find all the more fascinating is that with powerful friends like that, he's remained in the shadows as a songwriter and producer when he's sooo talented as a vocalist and instrumentalist as well. Time has sweeten his gift, like berries on a vine and what we're about to hear in this major label release is nothing short of genius.

I first became aware of Matt, as I stumbled upon his indie-release, UnSpoken and instantly became a friend of his gut-wrenching lyrics and soaring vocals. He sang of Faith and Love with equal grace in a way that few could or ever had. I loved that release so much, I became obsessed to know more about him. As I discovered his musical pedigree, I still didn't get the answers for what I knew he was doing musically. He truly was authoring songs from another source beyond his life experience. I have waited patiently with his other fans and friends for this follow-up to that prophetic release with a special anticipation as we've been given a rare, up-close, behind the scenes listen and preview through his many web services, like Twitter and his official site, www.MattMorris.net . What's coming, soon, is going to truly establish this brother to his rightful place in rock-folk-soul history. The Un-American LP will be 'the release' others will undoubtedly ask you time and again, if you've heard it. So, get ready to truly become a MATT MORRIS fan, like the rest of us. You'll know fully then that I haven't written with a single hyperbole. He's just that special.

DON'T YOU DARE miss out on being one of the first to let him know how much you love his music. Click through the artwork and visit his page and get to know the man behind the music.

Peace.
EDENintheDESERT

No comments: