Monday, September 01, 2008

inthe SPOTLight: JONO McCLEERY

I would like to spotlight JONO McCleery and the release of his CD, DARKEST LIGHT. I'm one of the blessed few that's gotten a full listen and I know that he'll be honored for you to do the same. He recently had a listening party in a stately church outside of London and from all reports, it was a magical evening, as witnessed in the video above. It was recorded for a later DVD release and I look forward to getting to review that in a future post. DARKEST LIGHT is a tour de force of creative writing and performance that has left me breathless. JONO has found his voice and has come into his own with his intricate guitar work and powerful vocal delivery. I am humbled at the magnitude of the gift in someone so young. He is jazz, soul, folk and spirit in a blend uniquely his own. This, in my humble opinion, is the must listen to CD of 2008. Please follow the link above the video for purchasing information.

`EDENintheDESERT
Albuquerque, NM - USA

No comments: