Saturday, July 28, 2007

DESERTATIONS - TRANSITIONS

Today, I'm reflecting on the TRANSITIONS of my Life.

Some are obvious, others were not because they were just out of sight, beneath the surface.


From high school,

to college,

to my first professional road gigs,

to the Air Force and marriage,

then divorce and the birth of my first child

and the abortion of another,

homelessness in NYC

then retreat back to Texas to heal,

coming out fully to my family and living that life for nearly 15 years,

the illness then death of my Brother,


working with Phyllis Hyman,

the death of my Father,

becoming connected to Shirley Horn,

losing all of them, too soon...,

establishing not one but two businessess in NYC that were passions but not callings,

losing all,

retreating to a basement apartment in NJ,

getting sober,

reconnecting with God,

recording my inspirational debut, Just Listen,

getting 'discovered' and acting in over 300 film and tv productions,

walking away from it all for a stay in the desert of New Mexico,

truly connecting to the Vision of EdenDust,

then, living monastically and working in a University setting...


all before turning 50 years young.


I wonder, What's Next??



EDEN in Albuquerque

No comments: