Thursday, December 14, 2006

MEDIATATIONS: ONE DAY at a TIME

15 DECEMBER 2006



I'm writing this blog a day early, because I'll be working when the clock actually changes to the 15th.



This date is significant in that I'm celebrating a decade of being clean and sober.



I would love to share the details of all that had transpired up to that moment before I awoke out of that blackout, but the memory of all that is really not as important as my determination, then, to 'never again' allow myself to be that irresponsible with my God-given gifts, the greatest of which was and is, my life. So many good things have happened for me, since then., and they're all attributed to my sobriety, without a doubt. Now hear me loudly, I don't write this to convict another of their choices. EVERY man has the right to live their lives, as they feel honors them, best. For me, I just found out that I wasn't my BEST SELF, under the influence, even in moderation.



So, I'm grateful for this anniversary in ways I could never fully express, 'tho I sure wish I could. I draw attention to this moment,and feel the need to share it with those that can understand what a victory this really is.., and for those that need to understand what a victory this really is.



Ten Years, is only one day, at a time.


PEACE, Dear Friends.


`E D E N




An opening in the storming sea,
Gold deposited on bones.
Once accumulation has begun,
Take care not to interfere.


ACCUMULATION



There is a fable about a pious man whose father had just died. A geomancer instructed the son to bury his father at the mouth of the sea cave. The sea opened at this spot only once in a hundred years, and a family who utilized it would experience great fortune. Although he had misgivings about this unorthodox location, the son threw the casket into the waters at the indicated time.

For weeks the son doubted what he had done. He eventually went to acompeting geomancer who, out of jealousy, advised the son to raise the casket. The son did so. When the coffin was brought up and opened, the man saw that a fine layer of gold had already deposited on his father's bones-a clear indication of the auspicious transformation that had begun. In regret, the son wanted to throw his father back in, but it was too late. There was no remedying what had been done.

Spiritual practice must be uninterrupted. We may be anxious because we see very little happeneing on a daily basis, but we must be patient until we can see what the accumulation of our effort yields. Self-cultivation means steady, gradual progress. To stop prematurely would be more disastrous than never having started at all.


No comments: