Monday, December 04, 2006

MEDIATATIONS: L I F E


"Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest." -- Georgia O'Keeffe


At first glance, I was prepared not to agree with this quote.

I have judged myself, often, as unworthy because of how I've lived. Focusing on the mistakes I've made along my journey and concluding that because of failed attempts at business, a failed marriage, failed friendships and faltering faith, I had missed becoming all I could become.
I have been guilty of thinking, at one time, that I have been too late, born in the wrong family, and certainly in the wrong area for all of my preceived gifts to fully find their rightful expressions and have spent too much time meditating on different versions of my revisionist histories. I've got a different perspective now about that same period of wandering and wondering. I've come to the conclusion, like the quote above, that 'what I've done, with where I've been' is the key to moving on and thusly forward with the rest of my life.
Concentrating on changing your history is a waste of time and God-given energy and yet we meet many who fail to fully embrace who they are, where they were born and how they have lived, whether foolishly or fully, and without full acceptance that things are just as they were meant to be, never divert their full attention on what they can uniquely create BECAUSE of their unique mix of fear and faith, fortune and failure.
In the months to come, you're going to experience more MUSIC that truly reflects my journey. I know this and I call it forth, before the evidence of what I write is manifested. Producers that I have admired from afar have recently made contact with me to finish THE E D E N PROJECT and I predict that I'm about to embark on the ride of my Life. I will be a Harbinger of my own good fortune, not because I'm gifted or even blessed, 'tho that's part of it, but because of my intention to embrace all that I am to the fullest extend, ashamed of none of it and proud of all of it, so that I can be gulity, no more, of attempting to become or portray anything I am not called to be.
I prophesy that if each of us would truly embrace the concept of using our truthful beginnings as strength, not hinderances, we will experience accomplishments that are unique and special.., and needed for these times we live in. The answer to the ills of the world are within each of us. Time less spent in unhealthy comparisons, but truly in the pursuit of our uniqueness and our connection to the whole of creation, will produce work that, in the end, is a Balm for the Soul of World.

PEACE, My Dear FRIENDS.

`E D E N

No comments: