Tuesday, December 13, 2011

15 Years.., and Counting


A PERSONAL MESSAGE from Brother EDEN Douglas:
"This one is personal. 15 years ago, tonight, I was literally at my bottom. And I reached out, in the dark.., and asked for help.
All I heard then was, 'Time to Get Sober'.
Tonight, I reach out in the dark and I ask, again, for help now that I'm Sober. This time, it's not to save my Life.., but to be given a purpose for this Sober Life.
So much of what we call the finer things in Life, are truly worthless if your heart, mind and soul are tuned to something deeper.., more profound than trinkets. There must be a purpose for this level of commitment that is deeper than material trappings.
I BElieve there's a platform for all that I am, and hope to BEcome.
But wait.., hasn't that prayer's been answered?!
THANK YOU for reading these BEattitudes, and allowing me a voice while transitioning.
This is Who I am and What I have to show for staying the course the last 15 years.
Here's to the next 15 !!!"

No comments: