Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A HOME and EDENDUST


When a change comes, some species feel the urge to migrate.
They call it 'sookunra', a pull of the soul to a far off place following a scent in the wind, a star in the sky.
The ancient message comes, calling the kindred to take flight and gather together.
Only then can they hope to survive the cruel season to come.
MOHINDER



Earthship Landing Zone, NM


I'm back from my sabbatical in The Greater World Earthship Community of New Mexico.



KEEGAN did a stellar job on his recordings and I encourage you to visit his pages and listen to cuts from the forthcoming, "WELL KNOWN SECRET" and follow his journey to completion of "STRINGS ATTACHED", two EP's you're going to want in your collection.., trust me. As a disclaimer, I do have a few co-written tunes there and some backing vocals.., but believe me when I tell you that my greatest experiences with him weren't in the studio as I learned much from this young man about simple faith. As a lyricist, KEEGAN has few equals and his tunes reflect a depth of life experience that betrays his 24 years, and watching him grow as a vocalist will forever be a precious memory that I'll cherish for years to come. Remember this blog told you to 'pay attention' to KEEGAN. His contribution to his genre will be significant.



So, as I returned to NYC, I knew that my time here would be brief. I can't begin to compare the two places. Nothing I could write would do Taos and it's surrounding areas justice. But, it's apparent how polar opposite these places are in contrast to the busyness of NYC. I'm pleased with my time and commitment, here and I'm equally at peace that it's just 'time' for me to move along, a little further down the road on my journey. The strange thing about preparing to leave is that for the first time in my life, I'm not moving because of work, or love.., or fear. I'm simply going to establish a 'home' for myself, first, and for those friends that I believe are also in need of a respite from their hurried lives. I'm not ready to address the business of being in New Mexico, whether or not I'll establish a formal entity called EdenDust, there.., if EdenDust is anything, at it's foundation, it's simply 'my home'. But, be forewarned that I don't believe for one second that even as I might be the one that will undoubtedly get the most use of it.., I will never fully be it's sole occupant. I know that if I'm able to establish a sense of home for the first time in my life, it's creation at this stage would have to be more communal than private. My plans at this writing are to be established at the beginning of the year which gives me just a little over a month to truly make the transition of my life. I covet your prayers, honest discourse and divine support as I continue to listen beyond my own sense of what I will need to discover and uncover for this ultimate destination.


Tres Piedras


By the way, I'm looking to establish my home in Tres Piedras, New Mexico. I'll share much more about my choice of location in another blog. For now, just know that the name translates, Three Rocks, and it's elevation is 8200 feet above sea level.


PEACE, Dear Friends.


`E D E N

No comments: