Tuesday, January 10, 2006

HOW CAN I TELL YOU...

Perhaps it's been the interpersonal relationships that are always challenged in the holiday season.., but I see many hurting and being hurt in places where they should feel safe. Let's face it, there are those, in our lives, that say they love us, but their love HURTS. Makes us feel badly, makes us cry, doubt ourselves and worse, believe the lie that 'this is love'.
And, sometimes, the one doing the hurting.., is 'us'.

How Can I Tell You... about that time in my life when I was less than the man, brother, father, son that I was designed to be? I wrote this tune mainly for my daughter of whom I was estranged from at the time.

The musician-engineer-producer, Edwin Ramos, was also going through a divorce and a seperation from his daughter. I think that informs the lyric and musical spirit of this song.It's not certain if either daughter ever heard the tune in it's completion, but I don't think we wrote it with that result in mind. We had to say these things, in order to be 'free' and without this confession, could we ever really 'move on' and forgive ourselves??


This is another taste of my evolution and it's uploaded to encourage those of you on this list that are hurting.., and might know of another that has gone through a similar pain.., to listen, and be healed from that defeatist attitude. The lyrics are on the interface with the tune EdenDust @ MySPACE.

Thanks for your indulgence as we share yet another tune from the vault of EdenDustRecords & StudioLabs.

Be@PEACE,

BD

No comments: