Wednesday, January 10, 2007

LIVING, Again

....

January 6th, I arrived in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with heart in hand, luggage for 20 men and a song in my heart. There's a drive into Santa Fe from Albuquerque's airport that rivals any of the natural wonders of the world in it's absolute splendor, even covered in snow as it was today, it was still breathtaking. The whole journey, I had one sublime thought.., "I live here, now."



LIVING, again. What a concept. Not that I wasn't 'alive' before, but I would be the first to say that I wasn't truly living. I did alot of things for others, and I've been a good brother to many, but in the end, I found that I had taken the adage of 'dying to self' to an unhealthy place and 'tho I was giving from a full heart, I was drawing on such a shallow depth that not only would I run dry easily, I found that the water..in the well from which I drew hadn't been renewed, in quite some time. It was finally time to close up that well and strike out for new terrain with a deeper and more plentiful source of sustenance.

..

It's too early to say for certain that I will become all that I feel called to be, here, but it sure feels like a good place to dig a little deeper.


Much more to come, as the snow melts and the mud clears and the waters settle..

Next stop.., TAOS.


LIVING, again.


`EDEN in New Mexico

No comments: