Thursday, October 05, 2006

JOY !

The journey to the release of this tune has been a looong one. Recorded around the same time as RISE and SAVE ME, this one took a turn and went through delay after delay that at times made it seem that this song above all others was 'cursed'. But being a spiritual man, I've learned that when something that you 'feel instinctly' is a good thing and it's attacked unfairly, you don't give up or in so easily.., but holding on and standing firm will allow that thing you're trusting in to find it's perfect timing and certain exposure. The addition of this tune on the opening page allows the site to become fully EDEN in it's intention. This, too, was part of the struggle, if I'm to be fully honest.. letting go of 'the past' and moving fully ahead, in FAITH that everything will work together for 'GOOD'.



Whoever EDEN will become in this coming year, begins, in earnest, now.



Personal thanks to JAY DEASEL, http://www.deaselmusic.com/ , for recording the vocals and always pushing me to do just 'one' more that usually results in the perfect take..., KEMO, http://www.evocators.com/ , for originally presenting to me the snippet sample and last but certainly not least, GOERSH, http://www.goersch.org/ , who created the beat as a tribute to his late grandmother who was present when he conceived the first ideas of the beat and showed a particular interest in his work.., and when I received the beat and had no idea of it's evolution, I equally assessed the memory of my late grandmother and the opening acapella is based on a tune she used to sing in the many prayer meetings I attended as a child... 'Tho Goersch is solely responsible for this final stellar mix, this confluence of engeries infused this tune in particular with a unique spirit unbeknownst to all those involved.



So, I present to you, JOY.., born of frail men, with serious desires to birth unique visions of collective collaborations in unique communities. We, like every other who listens to the lyrics and feel the drive of the beat, need JOY when the storm clouds roll in and especially when we cannot find a friend.





"JOY, will be our constant friend?!!"


E D E N spreads JOY !

JOY

(Douglas E. Powell - Stephan Goersch Music)





I feel JOY when I think about...

(What Love's Done for Me!)

I feel JOY when I think about...

(What Love's Done for Me!)

I feel JOY when I think about...

(What Love's Done for Me!)


What Love's Done for Me....



JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY (Repeat)

I need JOY...


(Verse One)

I need JOY when I'm lonely,

And my heart overflows with pain,

JOY when the storm clouds roll in.

And, when I'm discouraged,

I need JOY.

JOY, When I cannot find a Friend.


Oh JOY, JOY


(Chorus)

Help me sing it!!

JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY...

Help me Sing it, JOY...

Help me find Sweet JOY,

Can you help me find JOY?


(Verse Two)

Just the other day,

I was troubled.

And, my Brother

Called to comfort me.

Reminding me of the man I used to be...

But when I'm discouraged

I need JOY.

JOY, Will you be my Constant Friend?


OH JOY, JOY.


(CHORUS)


Be My Friend!

JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY


I feel JOY when I think about

What LOVE's done for me.



...for our Grandmas....


(c) 2006 - EdenDust Publishing - Stephan Goersch Music



ALL VOCALS: Brother Douglas as E D E N
MUSIC Programming: GOERSCH

Vocals Engineered and Recorded by Jay Deasel of www.DeaselMusic.com

Music Programming and Master Mix by Stephan Goersch of www.Goersch.org

No comments: