Friday, May 26, 2006

justBELIEVE

I have few that I really share with about what's truly happening in my life and even fewer that I can share my visions with.

I think it's dangerous to tell your 'stuff' to too many, for reasons that might seem obvious. But more often than not, my reasons for not talking more distinctly about what's really precious (or fearful) to me is not that I care about that information making the morning news. I'm so not affected by what 'other's think' about things of which they really have nothing of value to add. No, my reasons for saying less is far simplier: Most people, I've discovered over time, just can't 'believe' with you about anything that they haven't already seen or experienced. In short, they simply have little faith in their own ability to do 'a new thing' and spend the majority of their lives working for others with even lesser vision and that makes them ill-equipped to truly be an encouragement or a support to your 'flights of fancy'.

We can spend a lifetime with a safe faith borne out of the fear of change, the inability to challenge or the need for things to remain comfortable and without conflict. I'm consistently at odds with myself over these issues and it seems, on the surface, I'm never satisfied. But, what I'm 'searching' for is something beyond the norm, often, and it's kept me awake nights, wondering if it's truly within my grasp. Perhaps I'm touching a nerve now with you as you see yourselves (or others that you know) in this post.., my intention is not to 'cause you to feel like you should be 'doing more', especially if now you have those life responsibilities that require you to be present in a way that prohibits you from being too much of a visionary.

If that does represent you, and you happen to have a friend or two that are 'capable and able' to be more visionary with their lives and their choices.., the next time one of them leans on you for a little support.., justBELIEVE with them. For a moment, imagine what you might have achieved or strived to accomplish if you'd had a little more faith in your own ability to create.

Imagine a world without Edison, DaVinci or Mozart, Bill Gates.., or your visionary friend.

justBELIEVE

No comments: