Friday, October 21, 2005

SHIRLEY HORN: I LOVE YOU, Paris

1934 - 2005
"Click to Listen"


I'm one of the fortunate that really got to know Ms. Horn for a season.

She was wickedly funny and seriously all about 'the music'. I will forever cherish her 'deposits' into my soul. I am forever changed for knowing her and having her treat me as a 'son' for that brief period in time.

If you know Shirley's music, you will recognize the subject of the post as a title to one of her best recordings. It's a special part of our journey, together, and one of my fondest memories how such a simple title could cause such a ruckus inside her label.

'We won that one, didn't we Shirley ?!!'

Rest, Now. Your work is done.

I will honor your memory, with dignity.


Douglas Edward Powell aka BrotherDouglas

(co-author: "Should I Surrender", 1997 Loving You release)



More blogs about Shirley Horn.

No comments: